The Board meets each month to consider a broad range of matters including progress with regard to the Company’s various development programs, strategy and financial reviews, among others enabling the Board to function effectively and allow Directors to discharge their responsibility, full and timely access is given to all relevant information. Furthermore, the Board’s responsibilities are as follows:
- To ensure that the Code is implemented by the Company;
- To provide effective corporate governance;
- Determine the Company’s purpose, strategy and values;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of strategies, policies, management performance criteria and business plans. In effect, Board must provide guidance and maintain effective control over the Company and monitor management in carrying out board plans, strategies and more so, to ensure compliance; and
- Ensure that the company complies with all relevant laws, regulations and codes of best business practice.